Thursday, December 23, 2010

giving in to Your gravity, knowing You are holding me- I’m not afraid.

"for I know the plans I have for you..." Jeremiah 29:11
"I worry about my future when Your Book says You planned it 
& when You've reached out to me, I have left You empty-handed."
 
There have been numerous days I've worried about my future. What school I'll go to, who i'll marry, IF i'll marry, how i'll be provided for, etc. Then I realized... My future isn't mine. My life isn't mine. I gave my worry, stress & future away when I gave Christ my life. By worrying about my future, I'm basically saying "I don't trust that You'll take care of me." So, I'm letting go of the life i've planned for myself. I'm surrendering it all to the one who gave it all. It's a freeing feeling. I'm one of the many "planners", meaning I always try to plan everything out and I want my plans to go accordingly. But that isn't what I'm called to do. I'm so glad I have a God who is bigger than my worried heart. Listening to this song, I realized this is what my heart's cry is- "give me eyes to see more of who You are. may what I behold still my anxious heart. take what i have known & break it all apart- for You, my God, are greater still." So beautiful. My God is greater still. 
 
la vie est belle. life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment